Learn to Swim Program – Pool Safety Rules
Kindly maintain the pool safety by adhering to these simple rules.
- ‘Keep watch’ wristband for children under 5: Children under 5 must wear a ‘keep watch’ wrist band inside the centre at all times, this includes before, during and after learn to swim lessons. This helps centre staff to identify high risk patrons and take early actions to prevent incidents from occuring.
- Parental Supervision at all times: Parents/guardians must be present and maintain visual supervision of their child whilst in lessons. If your child needs to go to the toilet or the pool closes and the lesson is cancelled for any reason it remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian to maintain supervision of their child.
- Avoid eating 30 minutes before swimming: Vomits require the pool to close for treatment and impact on the Learn to Swim program and other centre users.
- Stay at home if unwell: To prevent spreading illness do not visit the centre if you or your child is experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Don’t swim after recent vomiting or diarrhoea: If you have experienced vomiting or diarrhoea in the past two weeks.
- Do shower before entering pool: Keep the pool clean by showering and washing thoroughly with soap before entering the pool.
- Don’t swallow pool water: To prevent any potential health issues, avoid swallowing pool water.
- Non-toilet trained infants: If your child is not yet toilet trained consider the following points to prevent spreading germs:
- Use toilet before entering the pool.
- Make sure to wear tight fitting waterproof pants.
- Dispose of nappies & properly clean your hands.
- Change nappies on a regular basis.
Prioritise safety, follow these rules, and maintain a positive swimming experience with us.